Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: More questions

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    furniture grade walnut a-7's will look great in the living room...of'course all i gots is these ol' theatre boxes, about a ten foot stack per side
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  2. #12
    Inactive Member nikki1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2010
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    So here's the plan. Talked to Steve at GPA and he highly recommended 612 cabinets for the 416's. I note they are a combo on the LH site. He also said the 828's would have a strong mid base and lose below 180hz. So unless anyone can find fault 612's it is. Easier to build too.

    The "sticky" around the pleated egdes of the cones has formed a small puddle at the bottom so they're going to GPA for a recone. I assume they're the best for that based upon what I've read in here.

    Torn between using dense particle board and veneering vs ply with veneer already on it. That PB is really heavy stuff. Another reason for the 612's vs 828's.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    The "sticky" around the pleated egdes of the cones has formed a small puddle at the bottom so they're going to GPA for a recone. I assume they're the best for that based upon what I've read in here.
    I've seen numerous mentions from other posters ( on this site ) having the same "puddling" problem ( of the sticky goop on the surrounds ) .

    Most just seek out ways of redistributing the "blob" without resorting to reconing // and most are successful in that quest .

    & yes, GPA has the best recones .

    <> cheers

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    I keep toying with myself thinking that downsizing must occur, and really it must eventually.

    It's 7:18pm, I'm wearing sunglasses, and I have the van waiting...

    ;-)

  5. #15
    Inactive Member nikki1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2010
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    That "damping" goop is way to thick to redistribute and there isn't enough of it to work with anyway. Like translucent brown tar.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ZilchLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2007
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: More questions

    Xylol, I was advised, by "One who knows."

    My dual 414-8B "2.5" EconoWave is still in the works, but the 2.0 is complete and documented here:

    Flex Your PCD Mettle: - Page 52 - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com
    [CENTER][COLOR="SlateGray"]... Cult of the Stinky Wrapper ...[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.